Saturday 16 July 2011

LOTV: Pink N Blue

Ha ha!  Finally back on blogland.  My disappearence was down a) visiting the family b)big clearout of the loft aka the craft room c) a pile of washing.

Using my free gift, 20 Lili of the Valley Images, with my Papercraft Inspirations magazine I set upon this weeks LOTV Challenge , theme Pink & Blue, two very complimenting colours.  I had the idea of a type with an added dimension, so I made a window step card, inspired by a card made for Hunkydory.



Photobucket


My card started off life as a 5.5" x 5.5" square card, turn it around add a folded consatina and it stands sterdy.  The flowers are handmade by myself and have been inked using Distress ink pads.

I used Spellbinders Dahlia die for the aperture and acetate for the 'window'.  I love this image and with a bit of help from Bev Rochester and her Youtube tutorial I create a cloud background and a grassy foreground.




Photobucket


Here is a side view of the card, just to give you an idea of the depth and dimension.  The edges of the 'window' have been stickled twice, complimented with a small 'Happy Birthday' sentiment.

Adios Amigos Hasta Manana!

1 comment: