Saturday 18 June 2011

Back to Normality with Just Magnolia.

It's been a crazy few weeks, with summer colds and my 30th Birthday.  Tonight I am back in work so I had time to make a little project for this weeks challenge over at Just Magnolia.   When I first glanced at the challenge I thought, what the hell is paper piercing?  Then a second look it actually said paper piecing * slaps hand against forehead *

With about an hour spare I thought I've not got the energy to make a card so I decidied upon an ATC-style project.  I was given some vouchers for my birthday and treated myself to an oriental Tilda wearing a geisha outfit, as I had bought a load of oriental papers back from Japan a few years ago.  I choose some cherry blossom paper for her outfit, brown for the edges and a rich red for her flowers all from The Far East Mat Stack from DCWV.

Here came the fun part, I first stamped Tilda onto 300gsm watercolour card as my base, colouring her face using promarkers and her hair using watercolours.  Then stamped on every sheet of patterned cardstock, then sought to cut very delicately around the edges.  The key to cutting is to allow the paper to move and NOT the scissors!!  A lesson well learnt!



Assembling Tilda was very much like decoupage but without the height of silicone glue or foam pads.
Promarkers used for Face & Skin : Ivory, Satin & Pastel Biege.



The background paper was part of a selection brought back from a Trip to Japan in 2008.
The DCWV Cardstock is textured and gives an extra dimension.

Until Next Time Tarra!

1 comment:

  1. oh so cute! luv Japanese tilda, and luv the papers you find in Japan, even the Wrapping paper from candies :-) Luv the choice of papers for this creation! I luv paper piecing. I had better get busy! :-) ps. i'm "following you" Kerry!

    ReplyDelete